Our website can generally be used without providing any personal data. Please note however, that data transmission via the Internet (e.g. in e-mail communication) may be subject to security gaps. Complete protection of data against third-party access is not possible.
- Name and contact details for processing
Controller: ALINEA Financial Translations (hereinafter: ALINEA), Berner Str. 61, 60437 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
E-mail: info [at] alinea.org
Tel.: +49 (0)69 950 9390
Fax: +49 (0)69 950 93950
- Collection and storage of personal data and the nature and scope of its use
a) When visiting the website
When you visit our website www.alinea.org, the browser used on your device automatically sends information to our website server. This information is temporarily stored in a log file. The following information is collected without any action on your part and stored until automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer
- Date and time of access
- Name and URL of the accessed file
- Website from which access is gained (referrer URL)
- Browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer and name of your access provider
The aforementioned data will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection to the website
- Ensuring ease of use of our website
- Evaluating system security and stability
- Other administrative purposes
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 f) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our legitimate interest arises from the purposes listed above for the collection of data. Under no circumstances do we use the collected data to draw conclusions about you.
- Sharing data
Your personal data will not be shared with third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We will only disclose your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your express consent in accordance with Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 a) GDPR
- disclosure in accordance with Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 f) GDPR is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding legitimate interest in non-disclosure of your data
- there is a legal obligation to disclose the data in accordance with Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 c) GDPR, and
- this is legally permissible and necessary for the performance of contracts with you in accordance with Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 b) GDPR.
Cookies store information relating to the specific device used in each instance. This does not mean, however, that we directly become aware of your identity by these means.
We also use temporary cookies, which are stored on your device for a specific period of time, to optimise user-friendliness. If you visit our website again to use our services, the system automatically recognises that you have already visited it and has stored the data and settings you entered so that you do not have to re-enter them.
The data processed by cookies is necessary for the aforementioned purposes of safeguarding our legitimate interests and those of third parties in accordance with Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 f) GDPR.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a prompt always appears before a new cookie is created. Completely disabling cookies, however, may mean that you will not be able to use all the functions on our website.
- Analysis tools
a) Tracking tools
We use the tracking tools listed below on the basis of Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 f) GDPR. We employ these tracking tools to ensure that our website is designed to meet demand and is continually optimised. We also use tracking tools to record statistics on the use of our website and to evaluate these for the purpose of optimising our offering for you. These interests are deemed legitimate within the meaning of the aforementioned provision.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found under the corresponding tracking tools.
i) Google Analytics
For the purpose of the needs-based design and ongoing optimisation of our website, we use a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter “Google”). Pseudonymised usage profiles are created and cookies (see section 4) are used in this context. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as:
- browser type/version
- operating system used
- referrer URL (the page previously visited)
- host name of the accessing computer (IP address)
- time of the server query
is sent to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the usage of the website, compile reports on website activity, and provide other services related to website activity and Internet usage for the purposes of market research and tailoring this website to meet demand. This information may also be transmitted to third parties if required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of another entity. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with any other Google data. IP addresses are anonymised so that no assignment is possible (IP masking).
You can prevent installation of cookies by changing the relevant settings of your browser; please note that, in this case, you may not be able to use all the functions of this website or may experience limited functionality.
You can also prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie and concerning your use of the website (including your IP address) and processing by Google by downloading and installing the browser add-on available at (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, particularly for browsers on mobile devices, you can prevent collection by Google Analytics by clicking on this link. This sets an opt-out cookie that will prevent future collection of your data when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website; it is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you will need to set the opt-out cookie again.
For more information relating to data protection in connection with Google Analytics, please refer to Google Analytics Help (https://support.google.com/analytics/?hl=en#topic=3544906).
- Rights of data subjects
You have the right:
- in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request information on the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned retention period, the right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right to lodge complaints, the source of your data if not collected by us, the existence of automated decision-making including profiling, and, where appropriate, meaningful information on the features;
- in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, you can demand the rectification of inaccurate or completion of incomplete personal data concerning you stored with us, without undue delay;
- in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR you may also request erasure of your personal data stored with us, unless such processing is necessary in order to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, you may demand restriction of the processing of your personal data if you contest the accuracy of the data, the processing is unlawful but you oppose its erasure and we no longer need the data, but you need this for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to the processing accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, you can receive your personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or request transmission to another controller;
- in accordance with Art. 7 (3) GDPR, you may withdraw your consent at any time. The consequence of this is that we may not continue the data processing based on this consent in the future;
- in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR you may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. You can generally contact the competent supervisory authority for your place of habitual residence or work, or alternatively for our office location.
- Right to object
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 f) GDPR, you have the right, pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, to object to processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation or if the objection is to direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right to object, which we will implement without a particular situation being indicated.
If you wish to exercise your right of revocation or objection, simply send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Data security
We use the most common SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) method in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. This is generally a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can see whether an individual page from our website is transmitted in encrypted form by the closed key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data from accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction, or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continually improved in line with developments in technology.